Psalms 25:4 – “Make me know Your ways, O LORD; Teach me Your paths.” NASU
It would take more than an optimist to think that our present world is not a troubled world. It would take a total denial of facts and become willingly blind to reality. If we read 1 Timothy 4:1-3 and 2 Timothy 3:15 we cannot miss the prophetic description of our times. The evidence of our world being a troubled world is everywhere. For decades there have been voices crying out seeking the attention of our young. They have made systematic and emphatic efforts to alter the thinking and behavior of the younger generations. There has been a concerted effort to give credibility to moral decay and situation ethics. There have been efforts to lull generations to sleep and make light of the subtle tricks of the forces of hell and tragically they have been effective.
Bill Gothard was right when he taught about the progression of moral decay and the acceptance of situation ethics saying, “What we allow in moderation our children will do in excess.” Those who adhere to the doctrines of Satanism and follow the communistic philosophy and ideology have said, “Let me control the music and influence the education of just one generation and I will control the world.”
We do not hear much about it but Secular Humanism invaded American thinking and has altered the moral fabric of our society. Let me interject here some clarification of terms:
- Humanitarian – – A person who promotes human well-being.
- Humane – – – A quality marked by compassion, sympathy or consideration of others.
- Secular Humanism – – The doctrine or attitude centered on human interests and values. It teaches that man has the capacity for self-fulfillment and correct ethical conduct without God. It declares that man is literally his own god.
This mentality and philosophy has been permeating our political, judicial, educational and even religious world for decades. Let me call your attention to some of the influential people involved:
- JOHN DEWEY – – Recognized as the ‘Father of Progressive Education’ was also the chief designer of the Humanist Manifesto of 1933.
- CHARLES FRANCIS POTTER – – Who was a signer of the ‘Humanist Manifesto I’ was also president of the National Education Association said: “Education is the most powerful ally of Humanism and every American Public School is a School of Humanism. What can a Theistic Sunday School meeting for an hour once a week and teaching only a fraction of the children do to stem the tide of the Five Day Program of Humanistic Teaching!”
- JAN/FEB ’76 ISSUE OF – THE HUMANIST: “Something wonderful, free, unheralded and of significance to all humanist is happening in secondary schools. It is the adolescent literature movement. Thy may burn “Slaughter House Five” in North Dakota and ban a number of innocuous books in Kanawaha County, but thank God the crazies don’t do all that much reading. If they did, they’d find that they have already been defeated. Adolescent literature has opened Pandora’s Box… Nothing that is part of contemporary life is taboo in the genre, and any valid piece of writing that helps make the world more knowable to young people serves an important humanistic function.”
What am I saying? I am saying that for decades they have slowly and systematically infiltrated ever segment of our society and now we have several generations that have been indoctrinated with the worldview and ideology of the Secular Humanist and Anti-God societies bringing us to the place we are today where the morals of our society have been severely tarnished and our view of God and the Bible altered with politically correctness and tolerance that many no longer believe the gospel message or fear God thus opening the door for evil of every kind to step through that open door.
I may want to pursue this a little more but will pause here and pray that God be with you as you go through your day. Righteous exalts a nation, but sin is a disgrace to any people. God help us to return to our first love and find our roots in His Holiness. Blessings!